December 4, 2008

Comment in the Spotlight!



Joe said...

Police station petition.


If anyone is interested in gathering signatures to place an advisory referendum on the next ballot, I have one drafted based on Alderman Schmidt's attempt to allow the taxpayers of Park Ridge decide whether or not we should spent over $24 million (includes interest but not operational and maintenance costs) in front of the City Council. I will need at least 25 volunteers that would be willing to gather at least 100 signatures each. I am researching exactly how many we would need. Time is of the essence since our City Council is afraid to ask this question. They are committed to going forward without our input. If you are interested, please email me at jjegan1@aol.com. I would also need someone to co-lead this effort.

December 3, 2008 8:54 PM

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Joe,

Count me in to get +25 signatures.

Cannot help co-lead as I will be busy trying to help get 1st Ward Alderman Schmidt elected Mayor.

Good luck to us!

Dan Knight

Anonymous said...

Is Plan "A" using an existing bldg
then rebhab approach saving us money?

Anonymous said...

Joe,

I meant I will be happy to be one of your 25 to get +100 signatures.

Dan Knight

Anonymous said...

I as I understand it according to Alderman's Wsol idea, the plan is to tear down the back addition to City Hall where the current City Council meetings take place and then add on a 3 story addition to City Hall. He wants to limit the intial spending to $16.5 million, EXCLUDING interest of about $9 million and operating and maintenance costs. At this time the City Council really has a limited idea other than they think they need to go from 9000 square feet to about 37,000 square feet or $16.5 million dollars, whichever comes first. There is no plan to save money!

MIKE said...

Count me as well.

here's my e-mail

mactach@sbcglobal.net

Anonymous said...

Then the temp PD would be over at PW?
during this construction phase?

Seeking Nessie said...

Joe - also can not help co-lead, but will be happy to work on getting 100+ signatures.

(Nessie is still missing. Sasquatch has apparently left the building as well. . . )

Anonymous said...

Joe,

My wife and I will volunteer to try and collect 100 signatures in the Washington School area.

See that Howard: Times are changing fast. Wait until April.

Sean

Anonymous said...

I, too, am on board.
Watch out Mr. Mayor...we're coming to get ya!