November 19, 2008

New Meat!




The PRU Crew is very happy to post the following announcement!

Today I am announcing my candidacy for the office of Mayor of Park Ridge.

When I was elected First Ward Alderman less than two years ago, my only desire was to serve the residents of the First Ward to the best of my ability – in the most open, accountable, and fiscally-conservative way possible. And that is what I have tried to do for these past 18 months.

But during my time in office, it has become increasingly clear that the entire city is suffering from a lack of vision, a lack of credibility, and a lack of leadership in City Hall. Most troubling, however, is the widespread lack of confidence and trust in the person currently holding the office of mayor.

Consequently, I am running for mayor, first and foremost, to restore the public’s trust in city government and in the office of mayor.

As "The Great Communicator," President Ronald Reagan, advised: "trust, but verify." As mayor of Park Ridge I pledge that city government will earn our residents’ trust by making everything it does – EVERYTHING – completely transparent and readily "verifiable."

I will work to ensure that all important information about city government is posted on the city’s website in a timely fashion, and that it is posted in an easily accessible and understandable form. The city’s website should be the ultimate public information resource, available 24/7 and fifty-two weeks per year.

Not only do I pledge to make Park Ridge city government as transparent as possible, but I promise to end the secret, behind-the-scenes deal-making that has characterized city government under the current administration. There will be no special sweetheart deals at the taxpayers’ expense for anybody – not my friends, not my business associates, not my campaign contributors.

Not only will I disclose any personal, social or business relationship with anyone seeking anything from the city, but I will not cast a tie-breaking vote on any such matter, because the residents of Park Ridge who pay this city’s bills also keep this city’s heart; and they should never have to wonder for even an instant whose side their mayor is on.

I believe in balanced budgets and sound fiscal policy because we cannot govern ourselves and provide for the future of our community by a policy of irresponsible spending and debt. I oppose mortaging our city's and our children's future for short term benefits or mere convenience. And I support utilizing our limited resources to do what is most important to the residents: upgrade and maintain our city’s infrastructure and delivery of basic services instead of going further into debt to build a new police facility.

As a fiscal conservative and believer in the free market system, I consider myself a friend of business. The residents want and need a vibrant business community. As mayor, I will work for a city government that encourages, accommodates and facilitates the ownership and operation of local businesses, but that does not spend our hard-earned tax dollars on handouts and subsidies.

I am running for mayor because this community stands at a crossroads. It has survived and thrived as a bedroom community made up of primarily single-family residences, conveniently located to both the Loop and O'Hare Airport. But the current mayor and his allies, while claiming to love this community, at the same time have worked relentlessly to drastically and permanently change this community's appearance and fundamental character. I do not believe the residents support such a change.

In addition to its uniquely exceptional location, the quality of life here in Park Ridge is what draws people to move here and remain here. That is why I support the preservation of a diverse assortment of structures and appropriate green space, and why I believe that growth and development must be held to the highest standards of performance and compatibility with this city’s character and feel. I pledge to look carefully at every development application to ensure that it does not adversely affect the existing character and uses of the area in which the development will occur.

Finally, I have chosen to run for mayor because I have found the vast majority of the people of Park Ridge are confident, courageous, generous and persevering. Those are the people whom I would be honored and privileged to represent and serve as mayor of this city, and those are the people whose support I seek in this endeavor.


I welcome the input of the residents from whom I will draw my strength and support. Anyone wishing to contact me or learn more about me, where I stand and what my vision is for Park Ridge should visit my campaign website at electdaveschmidt.com.

Watch your back, Alderman Dave. The purveyors of the status quo -- peddlers of business as usual -- are massing to give you one hell of a fight.

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very close to Dave. He is fully aware that the dirty tricks machine, headed by Frimark's head trickster, Linda Ski, will resort to just about anything. In fact, the mayor is already out there whispering and spreading lies about things Dave supposedly said or did. The citizens should remember one thing: consider the source. Dave has a sparkling clean record, so the mayor and his cronies will really have to reach for the mud this time. No doubt they'll try, but the citizens are onto Howard. This time, the mud will blow right back in his face.

p.s. Dave would have preferred being portrayed as a leaner cut of meat.

Anonymous said...

Change!!
We need it.
Maybe Frimark will get
the hint and just end his
royal throne - ship and
head to Fla.

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

That announcement should send the Napletons, Bredemanns, Norwood Bldrs., Jack Owens, Owen Hayes, and all those other special interest types running to their checkbooks to re-stock Frimark's campaign fund.

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled when I found out Dave was running and immediately went to his website to sign up to donate and volunteer! I'm so happy about this. I got a lovely thank you e-mail from him telling me that I was first to register.

I'm sure city hall will play dirty on this one. They don't have a choice since they can't win it on ethics. I don't back down....I'm Dutch and German; it's in my DNA to be stubborn!

Anonymous said...

Yes - I agree with the postings here that HF will in fact attempt just about anything to remain on the throne.

Its time for a change.....
Lets all come together and throw
this fixer out!

Yes - the special interest gang too
has something to be worried about.
HF spent some quality time with
BN in his office when they were there on NW Hwy.

Now the greenwood ave bldg site sits there but we now that the HF wheels are turning.

The trouble is...most of us back then didn't see the forest through the trees.

We all now know that!

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Where are Dave's legs? How is he supposed to "run" for mayor?

Anonymous said...

yeahhh for schmidt!!! Hey, what was with howie the clown at the meeting mon night? I didn't see anyone else complain how he threatened everyone with the gavel! And how freaked out he was by smiles. He was acting creepy and was genuinely furious with smiles in the audience!!! what's with that??? He actually said no smiling!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Not only will Frimark and dirty trickster Linda Ski sling mud, but you can expect them to make up their own mud if they can't find any legitimate stuff on Schmidt.

Anonymous said...

When it comes to running sleazy campaigns no one, and I mean no one, is better at it than Howard. He will say anything or do anything to discredit his opponent. I hope Linda is getting more compensation than the D-2’s indicate, because selling one’s soul should amount to much more than pittance Howard is paying her.

Anonymous said...

Sling mud??? Make up mud??? Sounds like every politician I have ever seen run for office.

ParkRidgeUnderground said...

Anon@6:34 --

You haven't seen anything close to Howard Frimark. You only think you have.

Anonymous said...

I think Howie still owes Linda
from the last election process.
really..........

ParkRidgeUnderground said...

Anon@6:48 --

According to Mayor Howard's last D2 filing, his only outstanding debt or obligation is to himself in the amount of $5000.

Unless you are suggesting that Mayor Howard has debts he's kept off the books -- a serious charge.

Be careful there.

Anonymous said...

Good things about Howard:

1. Packers fan.

2. Dog lover.

Bad things about Howard:

1. Poor mayor.

2. Not truthful.

Here's wishing "T-Bone" Schmidt (or is it "Porterhouse" Schmidt?) a successful campaign, and also hoping that he emerges from the mud-fest basically intact. Howard does play rough.

Anonymous said...

Maybe he paid it off.
Remember..they can never
hurt you when you tell
the truth.

Anonymous said...

It's politics! Mud will always fly. It's America! In the end, as a people, we choose our leaders. Somebody wins, someone loses. In the case of Frimark, the opponent did not lose, we the people lost. Now is our chance to facilitate change.

MIKE said...

Looks like they've already succeeded in changing things.

But Perhaps Ald. Shmidt can do what he can to stop it from going futher.

Anonymous said...

Alderman Dave--thank you! I know you can do it. There are so many of us behind you!

Anonymous said...

1.7 million the city of Pk Ridge is now in debt.

And Howie wants to spend more of our money.

12 point plan ???
What magic show did he borrow
that from ?

"Smoke and mirrors"

That's what Howie can
post on his door during this
election process.

Enough said!

As the old saying goes...Howie
could remove the wallet from an
expired citizen and give him change back.

Anonymous said...

Tell me....doesn't PR
have its own plane too!

Talk about take home cars,
gas cards, miles building up,
city cell phones!

What else can we put in the next budget?

No fur coats for the city Xmas party ?

Its all out of hand.

Time to make the mgr's of each dept
to come forward with a new budget
plan - revised for 09'. get it back down to where it should be!

Maybe Billy Napleton can write us a check like the " G" and bailout
Howie and his 1.7 million dollar
debt.

Hey - How ya doin
Howie! Need some cash for
the old war chest!!

Anonymous said...

Goooooo, Dave!

Be careful though...or HOward will call your boss and complain about you...he's done it before!

MIKE said...

Why would Dave's Boss even care?